We are nearing the end of a major project at work and I 've been stuck with a lot of overtime every day and no days off. I'm only mentioning it to explain the lack of posts lately. I usually try to upload something every 3 or 4 days and I'm behind. Anyway, this is a special one.
February 14th is my one year anniversary of blogging. It’s appropriate because it’s Valentine’s day and I love boy choirs (in a perfectly wholesome and appropriate way, of course).
When I began this blog I didn’t really know much about this music but I’ve learned some things this year, both by researching and with the help of kind readers.
Also, I have collected a lot of CD’s this year and I’ve noticed that there are some albums that I listen to more than others so I thought I would offer my top ten list of CD’s. This is not a value judgment, I’m not saying that one choir or one album is better than the rest. This is only a list of the ones that I find that I play the most often. In no particular order:
1. Angel Voices - Libera (2006)
A classic recording that won them tons of new fans all over the world
2. Hymn - The American Boychoir (1995)
Some of the prettiest singing I have ever heard.
3. Heavenly Voices - The Boys of King’s College Choir, Cambridge (2004)
A very powerful and dynamic album
4. Ave Maria - The Vienna Boys Choir (1998)
This shows why this choir is the most famous choir in the world
5. Dennis and Polskie Slowiki (2001)
This boy had one of the greatest voices of our time
6. Requiem - Boys Air Choir (1997)
7. Agnus Dei, Music of Inner Harmony - The Choir of New College, Oxford (1996)
It’s what you would expect angels to sound like
8. Will Your Anchor Hold? - Ely Cathedral Choir (1999)
A fun and touching collection of music
9. Favorite Hymns - The Choir of the Abbey School, Tewkesbury (2001)
Very moving and sweet
10. Les Choristes en Concert - Les Petits Chanteurs de St Marc (2005)
It’s got girls in it but Jean Baptiste Maunier makes up for it
11. The Sublime Treble Voice of James Rainbird - James Rainbird (1987)
I’m still in love with his voice
Okay, so I couldn’t stop at ten. I could have mentioned the Yeshiva Boys Choir and a few more. It's all good.