Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am having trouble finding some of the older CD's like Polski Slowiki's Dennis. If anyone has a copy to sell, or if you just want to say hi, email me at sangerknaben@gmail.com.


English Cathedrals


There are so many church choirs in England that I am just scratching the surface in my searches. When I win the lottery (and I can’t believe it’s taking so long) I will hie myself to England and visit every one of them.


The thing is, though, that I really cannot tell all that much difference between many of them. Westminster, Glouster, Winchester, Saint Paul’s all sound pretty much the same to me. Of course, they are all wonderful but… similar. I’m sure that real audiophiles would not have any problem distinguishing one from another but I just don’t have the experience yet.
That doesn’t stop me from getting their CD’s, though, and I have music from all of them and more.


Some of my favorites are The Choir of New College and their CD Agnus Dei: Music of Inner Harmony


Winchester Cathedral’s choir’s album titled Allegri Miserere and Other Choral Favorites which features an achingly pretty solo by Michael Liley, This Is The Record of John


Saint Paul’s Anthems, Magnificats, Hymns and a Psalm is a beautiful CD


I have Favorite Hymns from The choir of the Abbey School who actually do have a recognizable style which I like


It makes me happy to know that thousands of boys out there love choral singing and will keep the art and tradition alive for a long, long time.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, most older cd's such as the Polski Slowiki cd's are out of print. You might try seaching ebay. The problem with ebay is most of the cd's like Polski Slowiki are going to be on sale by sources outside of the USA. Thus money exchange and shipping becomes a problem.

    ReplyDelete